Tax Preparation Specialist
The Tax Preparation Specialist technical certificate of credit is designed to provide entry-level skills for tax preparers. Topics include: principles of accounting, tax accounting, business calculators, mathematics, and basic computer skills.
Students may enter the Tax Preparation Specialist certificate program any semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 2 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 16 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Tax Preparation Specialist certificate program must be able to work in an office environment, work with numbers, solve problems, work with people, multi-task, display a professional appearance, and work with computers. They should also have a strong work ethic and be responsible, discreet and trustworthy.
Offered at the Following Campuses/Delivery Mode
- North Campus (Sandersville)
- South Campus (Dublin)
- Online (Distance Education)
$21,000.00 – $23,000.00
Tuition & Fees: $2,262.00
Books & Supplies: $743.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
Graduates of the Tax Preparation Specialist certificate program are prepared for entry-level employment working as tax preparers. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher or GED.