Small Business Management Specialist
The Small Business Management Specialist Certificate prepares individuals to manage and direct day-to-day functions of a variety of small businesses. Learning opportunities will introduce, develop and reinforce students’ knowledge, skills and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention and success in small business management. Graduates will receive a Small Business Management Specialist TCC.
Students may enter the Small Business Management certificate program any semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 2 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 19 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Small Business Management Specialist certificate program should be able to supervise others, decide the daily priorities of the business or office, delegate projects, and coordinate teams to meet the goals of the organization. Managers must have persuasive and clear communication skills, analytical minds, able to digest large amounts of data quickly, and the skill to evaluate complex relationships among numerous factors. Additionally, managers exhibit personal qualities such as leadership, flexibility, self-confidence, motivations, determination, and sound business judgment.
Offered at the Following Campuses/Delivery Mode
- North Campus (Sandersville)
- South Campus (Dublin)
$16,640.00 – $20,800.00
Tuition & Fees: $2,562.00
Books & Supplies: $600.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
Graduates of the Small Business Management certificate program will develop the skill set of the owner and/or manager of a small business in order to organize resources that maximize the potential for meeting business and personal goals. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher, or GED.