Industrial Systems Technology
The Industrial Systems Technology Diploma program is designed for the student who wishes to prepare for a career as an Industrial Systems technician/electrician. The program provides learning opportunities that introduce, develop and reinforce academic and technical knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. Additionally, the program provides opportunities to retrain or upgrade present knowledge and skills. The diploma program teaches skills in Industrial Systems Technology providing background skills in several areas of industrial maintenance including electronics, industrial wiring, motors, controls, PLC’s, instrumentation, fluidpower, mechanical, pumps and piping, and computers.
Students are accepted into the Industrial Systems Technology diploma program every semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 4 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 46 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Industrial Systems Technology diploma program must have good eyesight, manual dexterity, hand eye coordination, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, math skills, and the ability to apply technology to the work environment.
Offered at the Following Campus
North Campus (Sandersville)
$41,800.00 – $72,800.00
Tuition & Fees: $5,924.00
Books & Supplies: $1,175.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
HOPE Career Grant:
The HOPE Career Grant, formerly known as the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant, is available to HOPE Grant-qualified students who enroll in select majors specifically aligned with one of 12 industries in which there are more jobs available in Georgia than there are skilled workers to fill them.
To qualify, an OFTC student must be fully admitted to the college, enrolled in one of the above programs and receiving the HOPE Grant for the same term. The amount of the HOPE Career Grant award is a fixed amount for each term of enrollment:
- 9 or more credit hours – $500/semester
- 3-8 credit hours – $250/semester
- 1-2 credit hours – $125/semester
- Commercial Truck Driving – $1,000 one time award
High School students in dual enrollment and joint enrollment are NOT eligible.
Graduates of the Industrial Systems Technology diploma program are prepared for employment as industrial electricians or industrial systems technicians. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher or GED.