Industrial Pumping and Piping Technician
The Industrial Pumping and Piping Technician technical certificate of credit program is designed to introduce students to industrial safety, power systems, and pumps and piping systems. The program provides learning opportunities that introduce, develop and reinforce academic and technical knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. Additionally, the program provides opportunities to retrain or upgrade present knowledge and skills. The technical certificate program is an introductory technical certificate of credit within the Industrial Systems Technology diploma program.
Students are accepted into the Industrial Pumping and Piping Technician technical certificate of credit program every semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 1 semester. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 9 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Industrial Pumping and Piping Technician technical certificate of credit program must have good eyesight, manual dexterity, hand eye coordination, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, math skills, and the ability to apply technology to the work environment.
Offered at the Following Campus
North Campus (Sandersville)
$31,200 – $37,440
Tuition & Fees: $1,331.00
Books & Supplies: $500.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
Graduates of the Industrial Pumping and Piping Technician technical certificate of credit program are prepared for employment as industrial electricians or industrial systems technicians. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher or GED.