Cybersecurity – NEW
The Cybersecurity Technical Certificate program is designed to give students the knowledge they need to understand and maintain computer information systems security.
Students can enter the Cybersecurity certificate program any semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 2 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 26 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Cybersecurity certificate program must be able to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
Offered at the Following Campuses/Delivery Mode
- North Campus (Sandersville)
- South Campus (Dublin)
- Jefferson County Center (Louisville)
$30,000.00 – $50,000.00
Tuition & Fees: $2,762.00
Books & Supplies: $710.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
HOPE Career Grant:
The HOPE Career Grant, formerly known as the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant, is available to HOPE Grant-qualified students who enroll in select majors specifically aligned with one of 12 industries in which there are more jobs available in Georgia than there are skilled workers to fill them.
To qualify, an OFTC student must be fully admitted to the college, enrolled in one of the approved programs and receiving the HOPE Grant for the same term. The amount of the HOPE Career Grant award is a fixed amount for each term of enrollment:
- 9 or more credit hours – $500/semester
- 3-8 credit hours – $250/semester
- 1-2 credit hours – $125/semester
- Commercial Truck Driving – $1,000 one time award
High School students in dual enrollment and joint enrollment are NOT eligible.
Graduates are prepared for employment opportunities as entry-level Computer Forensics technicians.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher, or GED.