CompTIA A+ Certified Technician Preparation
The CompTIA A+ Certified Technician Preparation technical certificate of credit program is designed to provide computer users with the skills and knowledge necessary to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam. Earning CompTIA A+ certification shows that the individual possesses the knowledge, technical skills and customer relations skills essential for working as a successful entry-level computer service technician.
Students may enter the CompTIA A+ Certified Technician Preparation program any semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 2 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 18 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the CompTIA A+ Certified Technician Preparation certificate program must be able to work in an office setting, show initiative, work with people, work as a team member, multi-task, display a professional appearance, work with computers and computer application software, troubleshoot, and have a strong work ethic.
Offered at the Following Campuses/Delivery Mode
- North Campus (Sandersville)
- South Campus (Dublin)
- Online (Distance Education)
$20,000.00 – $40,000.00
Tuition & Fees: $2,462.00
Books & Supplies: $794.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
Graduates are prepared for performing many different types of jobs. Graduates can find employment in the areas of computer hardware and software sales, installation and repair, and software and technical support. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher or GED.