Air Conditioning Technology
The Air Conditioning Technology diploma program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in the air conditioning industry. Learning opportunities develop academic, occupational, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes a combination of air conditioning theory and practical application necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive an Air Conditioning Technology diploma and have the qualifications of an air conditioning technician.
Students are accepted into the Air Conditioning Technology program every semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 3 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 51 semester credit hours. Upon completion of this program, students are eligible to take the 608 Air Conditioning exam ($50.00).
The Air Conditioning program is accredited by HVAC Excellence.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Air Conditioning diploma program must have good eyesight, manual dexterity, hand eye coordination, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, math skills, and the ability to apply technology to the work environment.
Offered at the Following Campus
South Campus (Dublin)
$55,000.00 – $75,000.00
Tuition & Fees: $6,093.00
Books & Supplies: $1,400.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
HOPE Career Grant:
The HOPE Career Grant, formerly known as the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant, is available to HOPE Grant-qualified students who enroll in select majors specifically aligned with one of 12 industries in which there are more jobs available in Georgia than there are skilled workers to fill them.
To qualify, an OFTC student must be fully admitted to the college, enrolled in one of the above programs and receiving the HOPE Grant for the same term. The amount of the HOPE Career Grant award is a fixed amount for each term of enrollment:
- 9 or more credit hours – $500/semester
- 3-8 credit hours – $250/semester
- 1-2 credit hours – $125/semester
- Commercial Truck Driving – $1,000 one time award
High School students in dual enrollment and joint enrollment are NOT eligible.
Graduates of the Air Conditioning Technology diploma program are prepared for employment as air conditioning technicians. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- OFTC may accept a student’s official entrance score on the following validated assessment instruments if the scores meet the required minimums: COMPASS/ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PACT, Accuplacer/Accuplacer Next Generation/Companion, HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of 2.6 or higher or GED.