The Accounting diploma program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for a variety of entry-level positions in accounting in today’s technology-driven workplaces. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. Program graduates receive an Accounting diploma.
The program emphasizes a combination of accounting theory and practical application necessary for successful employment using both manual and computerized accounting systems.
Students are accepted into the Accounting diploma program any semester. A full-time student can complete this program in 4 semesters. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 42 semester credit hours.
Individuals wanting to enroll in the Accounting diploma program must be able to work in an office environment, work with numbers, solve problems, work with people, multi-task, display a professional appearance, and work with computers. They should also have a strong work ethic and be responsible, discreet and trustworthy.
Offered at the Following Campuses/Delivery Mode
- North Campus (Sandersville)
- South Campus (Dublin)
- Online (Distance Education)
$23,000.00 – $27,000.00
Tuition & Fees: $5,524.00
Books & Supplies: $2,400.00
(Costs are estimated and are subject to change.)
Graduates of the Accounting Diploma program are prepared for employment as bookkeepers, accounting technicians, data entry clerks, payroll technicians, accounts payable clerks, and accounts receivable clerks. Instruction and practical application of learned skills provide a broad occupational background which appeals to prospective employers.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Meet assessment requirements by taking the entrance placement test. In lieu of the placement test, official scores on the COMPASS, ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT or GED may be substituted.